For the short term treatment of bacterial infections such as:
- Upper Respiratory Tract Infections (including ENT) e.g., tonsillitis, sinusitis, otitis media.
- Lower Respiratory Tract Infections e.g., acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis, lobar and broncho-pneumonia.
- Genito-urinary Tract Infections e.g., cystitis, urethritis, pyelonephritis, female genital infections.
- Skin and Soft Tissue Infections e.g., boils, abscesses, cellulitis and wound infection.
- Bone and Joint Infections e.g., osteomyelitis.
- Other Infections e.g., septic abortion, puerperal sepsis, intraabdominal sepsis, septicaemia, peritonitis, post-surgical infections.
- Also for prophylaxis against infection which may be associated with major surgical procedures such as gastro-intestinal, pelvic, head and neck, cardiac, renal, joint replacement and biliary tract surgery.