For the treatment of the following infections when caused by susceptible strains of the designated microorganisms:
- uncomplicated urinary tract infections caused by Escherichia coli and Proteus mirabilis,
- otitis media caused by Haemophilus influenzae (beta-lactamase positive and negative strains), Moraxella catarrhalis (most of which are beta-lactamase positive), and S. pyogenes,
- pharyngitis and tonsillitis caused by S. pyogenes,
- acute bronchitis and acute exacerbations of chronic bronchitis caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae and Haemophilus influenzae.
- uncomplicated gonorrhea (cervical/urethral) caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae (penicillinase- and non-penicillinase-producing strains).