Generic Name: Atorvastatin calcium trihydrate
- As an adjunct to diet to reduce elevated Total-C, LDL-C, Apolipoprotein B, and Triglycerides levels and to increase HDL-C in patients with primary hypercholesterolemia (heterozygous familial and nonfamilial) and mixed dyslipidemia (Hyperlipoproteinaemias/Fredrickson Types IIa and IIb).
- As an adjunct to diet for the treatment of patients with elevated serum TG levels (Hypertriglyceridaemia/Fredrickson Type IV).
- For the treatment of patients with primary dysbetalipo proteinemia (Fredrickson Type III) who do not respond adequately to diet.
- To reduce Total-C and LDL-C in patients with homozygous familial hypercholesterolemia as an adjunct to diet and other non pharmacological or lipid lowering treatments (e.g. LDL apheresis) or if such treatments are unavailable or inadequate.
- As an adjunct to diet to reduce Total-C, LDL-C, and Apolipoprotein B levels in children with heterozygous familial hypercholesterolemia,
if after an adequate trial of diet therapy LDL-C remains 190mg/dl or LDL-C remains 160mg/dl with positive family history of premature cardiovascular disease and/or two or more other CVD risk factors are present in the pediatric patient.