Generic Name: Recombinant human interferon alfa-2b
- For the treatment of chronic hepatitis B in patients 1 year of age or older with compensated liver disease. Patients who have been serum HBsAg positive for at least 6 months and have evidence of HBV replication (serum HBeAg positive) with elevated serum ALT are candidates for treatment.
- For the treatment of chronic hepatitis C with compensated liver disease.
- In combination with ribavirin for the treatment of chronic hepatitis C in patients with compensated liver disease previously untreated with alfa interferon therapy or who have relapsed following alfa interferon therapy
- For the treatment of selected patients 18 years of age or older with AIDS-Related Kaposi’s Sarcoma.
- For the initial treatment of clinically aggressive follicular Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma in conjunction with anthracycline containing combination chemotherapy in patients 18 years of age or older.
- As adjuvant to surgical treatment in patients 18 years of age or older with malignant melanoma who are free of disease but at high risk for systemic recurrence, within 56 days of surgery.
- For the treatment of patients 18 years of age or older with hairy cell leukemia.