Therapeutic Segment: Antibiotic
Generic Name: Azithromycin
For the treatment of patients with mild to moderate infections caused by susceptible strains of the designated
micro-organisms in the specific conditions listed below:
• Lower respiratory tract infections (acute bacterial bronchitis and community acquired pneumonia in patients suitable for outpatient oral treatment and in patients who require initial intravenous therapy).
• Upper respiratory tract infections (acute sinusitis, acute streptococcal
pharyngitis/tonsillitis and acute otitis media in children).
• Uncomplicated skin and skin structure infections.
• Sexually transmitted diseases (uncomplicated urethritis and cervicitis).
Antimicrobial agents used in high doses for short periods of times to treat non-gonococcal urethritis may mask or delay the symptoms of incubating gonorrhea or syphilis. All patients with sexually-transmitted urethritis or cervictitis should have a serologic test for syphilis and appropriate cultures for gonorrhea performed at the time of diagnosis.
Appropriate antimicrobial therapy and follow-up tests for these diseases should be initiated if infection is confirmed.
• Pelvic inflammatory disease in patients who require initial intravenous therapy.
• Chlamydia trachomatis conjunctivitis and trachoma in adults and in children 12 months or older.
• Prophylaxis and treatment of disseminated mycobacterium avium complex (MAC) disease in adults and children aged more than 12 years.
You are about to be redirected to an online retailer’s website. Getz Pharma is not liable for any data exchange on the new website
You will be redirected in 3secs
Disclaimer: "This message (including attachment) is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity whom it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of this message is prohibited and that, you must not take any action in reliance on it. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrived incomplete or contain viruses; therefore Getz Pharma (Private) Limited cannot accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender or Getz Pharma (Private) Limited at [email protected] immediately and destroy the original message."Close